Prev: Re: FT / DS2 interface (miniatures idea) Next: Re: FT: fighter combat, plasma torp as pulse torp

FT: fighter combat, plasma torp as pulse torp

From: GBailey@a...
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 14:43:18 EDT
Subject: FT: fighter combat, plasma torp as pulse torp

Individual fighter combat in FT?   Please, NO!	 It ruined SFB for me.
Don't ruin FT for me, also.  If such a system sees print in an FT book
then people will use it, no matter how much I'll argue against it.  It
seems
to be the nature of the gaming beast.  The squadron concept works fine
(IMHO).

I've thought about pulse torpedoes as plasma torpedoes, limiting
the arc to 60 degrees and using about 2-6 PTLs as one plasma torpedo
launcher depending on the size of the plasma torpedo to fire.
(small launcher = 2 PTLs, big launcher = 6 PTLs).
But it just doesn't feel right.
Any problems with a "narrow salvo" concept, in that you roll one die for
all the PTs classified as one weapon so either the weapon hits and rolls

all the dice or misses and gets none?

Glen

Prev: Re: FT / DS2 interface (miniatures idea) Next: Re: FT: fighter combat, plasma torp as pulse torp