Prev: Re: Tuffleyverse, States of Europe Next: The UN

[FT] Tactics

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 13:59:44 -0400
Subject: [FT] Tactics

I'd like for people to give me ( OFFLIST to
laserlight@cwix.com ) their "tactical guidelines" for the
different FB1 fleets (and Kra'Vak if you play regularly).  I
will take the responses, distill them down and post the
result.   Credit will be given as due.	Please mark whether
your responses apply to cinematic, vector or both.

The idea here is to help the newbies get up to speed a
little faster--and to help us old folks to learn new tricks
with fleets we haven't tried.

Please note: I do not want theories from someone who's never
fought with that fleet.  I want the impressions of people
who frequently fight with that fleet and win--or who fight
against that fleet often enough to know what always causes
you problems.

For example, if I were writing for the Islamic
Federation/Vector, I'd say something like:
"Weak hulls mean you shouldn't get into a slugging match,
and Thrust 6 means you shouldn't have too.  Use your speed
to concentrate on any of his ships which are separated from
the main body, or which are on the fringes of his formation.
Never charge head-on into his main body--instead maintain
the range you want--which is generally going to be long
range, until you find a weak spot.  Your main punch is your
SMR's, so use those to kill enemy capital ships, or to blow
a hole in his formation.  Once the enemy is weakened, you
can send in your beam-armed ships to finish them off."
And so forth.

If you also want to give your favorite 1000pt, 1500pt, or
2500 point fleets, feel free.

Prev: Re: Tuffleyverse, States of Europe Next: The UN