Prev: Re: FT: rear firing arcs, home-made star mat Next: RE: Armageddon Outfitter (was: Granaatscherven)

Re: FT cargo/aux ships.

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 19:35:52 -0400
Subject: Re: FT cargo/aux ships.

Ryan M Gill wrote:

> This has me thinking about my idea for PT boats and an associated
tender
> for them. The PT boats would stay in system and get shuttled about to
> other systems with the tender. They'd get transported in the bays of
> the tender and be size 6-8 with no FTL drive.
>
> They'd have pds, a
> torpedo and a 8 thrust engine to make maneuver easy.

Ryan,
    Great idea.  I came up with this one a few months ago.  It's the
Binghamton
Class, as in Captain Wallace Binghamton<g>, Torpedo Boat (PT).	I can
only get
the mass down to 10, not 6-8, and that's without the PDS that you
recommend.
Maybe I'm not handling the fractions right; I don't know.  Any
suggestions?
Thanks.

-Michael

Binghamton Class Torpedo Boat (PT)
System	      Mass	  Cost
Hull		10		  10
Integrity	 1		  2
Main Drive    4 	       8
Firecon 	 1		  4
Pulse Torp    4 	       12
					36

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out my updated Charlie Company web pages!
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"No nation should put the burden of war
 on its military forces alone."
 -General William C. Westmoreland,
		  US Army, retired

Prev: Re: FT: rear firing arcs, home-made star mat Next: RE: Armageddon Outfitter (was: Granaatscherven)