Prev: Re: Lafayette Incident Next: Re: FT cargo/aux ships.

Re: FT: rear firing arcs, home-made star mat

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 19:10:57 -0400
Subject: Re: FT: rear firing arcs, home-made star mat

GBailey@aol.com wrote:

> We've been playing that you can fire to the rear arc at any time.
> Anyone else do this?
> What is your standard mode of play for the rear arc?
>
> I got cheap and made my own star map playing area.  I bought a
> black bedsheet and a white paint pen and dotted the sheet.  I took
> some paint and dotted a few colored stars (red, green, yellow, blue).
> I tried to add in a nebula with brushes but that didn't work as well.
> Any other ideas for adding a nebula without spraying/air brushing?

No cans of spray paint?  that would be the easiest, that and a cardboard
template, spary lightly.  That is what the Geo-Hex ones seem to be.
Mine came yesterday, when I first saw it I thought "yuck".  Then I took
it out of the bag and laid it on the floor and it's beautiful.	Kind
of like my paintjobs, hold them close and they look horrible,  hold them
at arms length and they look wonderful, well, passable anyway.
(Fortunately
none of my opponents are on this list.)

Roger

Prev: Re: Lafayette Incident Next: Re: FT cargo/aux ships.