Prev: Re: Vector Movement and SML's Next: RE: Vector Movement and SML's

Re: [SG II] New Player

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 10:54:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [SG II] New Player

On Wed, 11 Aug 1999 TBerry7403@aol.com wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
>      I just picked up Stargrunt II on Friday.  It seems to suit my
"reality"
> bent
> alot more than WARZONE does (you don't bring a knife to a gun fight).
It's
> also nice to have the leaders actually DO something in a leadership
role
> rather than providing some super-deluxe heavy-hitting firepower.

SG2's leaders are usually too busy leading to bother firing, at least in
my games...

>     A question: I would much rather do my gaming the 15mm than 25mm.
In
> the rule book there is atleast one photo of 15mm figures (shown beside
25mm)
> that are supposed to GZG figures.  Do these figures exist and does
anyone
> know how I can get my hands on them.

They do indeed exist, but you have to get them from GZG directly - that
is, from the UK.

They're great figures, really crisply sculpted & cast. Each pack of
eight
figures includes 1 SAW, 1 GMS/P, and six rifletroops, each one in a
different pose. There's only two packs in the range, though. One NAC
squad, and one ESU. I've got two platoons & a bit of the NAC troops, and
one of these days I'm going to finish off the whole company, with
modified
figures in support elements as well...

For some close-up photos of the GZG 15mm figs, go to the SG2 Gallery on
my
website: <http://warbard.iwarp.com/sg2gallery.html>

There's actually lots and lots of 15mm science fiction ranges available
-
I'll post my quick review of all the ones I know about later today. (and
really should stick it onto my website as well.

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
		   - http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-

Prev: Re: Vector Movement and SML's Next: RE: Vector Movement and SML's