Prev: Re: [SG II] New Player Next: Re: [FAM&SG2] Incident at North Haven Part 3 (AAR)

RE: Vector Movement and SML's

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 13:58:46 -0400
Subject: RE: Vector Movement and SML's

True.
That's why every fleet needs escorts. To screen the capitals and to get
rid
of the screening escorts. A balanced fleet is better in most situations.

No ship design is perfect. The one that I posted has a NUMBER of flaws.
It
is something that I would, probably, not take into battle. I prefer
smaller
ships (but, then I often loose).

And you are right. The fact that Salvo Missiles attack the nearest
target is
the biggest drawback (and balancing point) of the Salvo Missle systems.
Let
me, then, rephrase my statement. Since the average ship in the Fleetbook
have a MD of 4, a Salvo Missile salvo launched at the point I described,
is
guarnteed to hit (excepting for PDS fire, screening ships, etc.) the
average
target ship.

The point is still valid, however, that the average Fleetbook ship
cannot
dodge a 6" range SM salvo using vector movement.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/