Prev: Re: FMA Q's Next: RE: FT:hex grid, Wave Guns

Re: FT: hex grid, Wave Guns

From: ScottSaylo@a...
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 09:15:15 EDT
Subject: Re: FT: hex grid, Wave Guns

In a message dated 7/27/99 2:54:11 AM EST, hosford.donald@acd.net
writes:

<<
 > Anyone else play FT on a hex grid playing area?  We have been, it
 > takes some explaining about hex spine movement but it works well.
 > We made a house rule that if your movement ends on a hex spine
 > then shift to the hex forward and to the right.  Someone wanted
 > to have the option of choosing which hex but that seems unfair
 > to me since no other position has this advantage.  Another wanted
 > to alternate left and right, but then that requires keeping track
 > and I prefer to keep bookkeeping to a minimum.  Any thoughts?

12 Point hex movement was pioneered by SPI's modern air combat game "Air

War". They resolved the issue by saying the hex to the right, then
refined it
to allow you to choose which  hex. You might have the player call the
hex
choice before he moves - then stick him with the right/left choice.

Prev: Re: FMA Q's Next: RE: FT:hex grid, Wave Guns