Prev: Re: FT: hex grid, Wave Guns Next: Re: FT: hex grid, Wave Guns

RE: FT:hex grid, Wave Guns

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 09:39:05 -0400
Subject: RE: FT:hex grid, Wave Guns

We were using micromachines star trek miniatures on hex sheets that
someone
had printed out. The local game store was running a promotion in
conjunction
with Media Play (large CD/Video/Software store chain) at the opening of
Star
Trek Generations. I was able to introduce FT:Light (simplified rules) to
about 12 people that day (all very satisfied). One young man of about 13
took it as a challenge to beat me. We played about 5 games (2-3 ships
each).
There were also local Klingon & Star Fleet clubs. We tried our best to
get
one from each group to play in a game, but the Feddies (Star Trek
clubs),
wimped out EVERY TIME! The Klingon groups, though, had a great time.

One thing that I forgot to mention in my previous post was that ships
could
only face hex sides.

-----
Brian Bell