Prev: Re: A use for nudie minis [Was FMA Skirmish MOS (rules ideas)] Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts....

Re: [FMA] Maximum Ranges [CLEAN STAMP]

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 14:57:00 +0100
Subject: Re: [FMA] Maximum Ranges [CLEAN STAMP]

>Here's an interesting question:
>
>Why do rifles have maximum ranges in the FMA Skirmish rules?
>
>Given the 1 inch = 2 yards ground scale, an 8-foot-long table will
>represent 192 yards. Almost every weapon (with the exception of
pistols)
>could hit anything on that table, so instead of specifying a number of
>inches for the maximum ranges, why not make maximum range =
line-of-sight?

Mainly 'cos giving most weapons a LOS range capability does not work
well
in game terms. It kills movement and makes every game a turkey shoot.
However, see the range ideas I've just posted to the list a few minutes
ago.....

Jon (GZG)

>--
>Rick Rutherford

>[INFO] -- Virus Manager:
>This email message and any attachments were scanned by the WorldSecure
>Server that protects Electronic Systems and it's customers. No Viruses
>were detected in this message.

=======

Prev: Re: A use for nudie minis [Was FMA Skirmish MOS (rules ideas)] Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts....