Prev: Re: More Fighter questions Next: House rule on Launching fighters

More SLAMmin for SG2

From: "Thomas Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 10:55:13 -0400
Subject: More SLAMmin for SG2

Incoming:

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@dva.gov.au>
Subject: RE: SLAM for SG2

With regard to the ranges, I was looking to keep it more in line with
the
rest of the heavy weapons.

** I can see an argument for this. I don't have DS2 ranges and I have
no idea what the range of RL rocket packs is.

  The
firecontrol is more a case of dropping your crosshairs on the target &
then
pulling the trigger to hope the salvo goes where you want it.  Mainly
it
gives the second die to keep in line with the other SG mechanics.

** I've agreed with you and Adrian on this one. I've amended my
mechanics accordingly.

The radius would be easier to work out, as it keeps it the same as
artillery
& there's no benefit/disadvantage in arranging the template a certain
way.

** Ah! Herein lies the rub. Every other game I've seen sim MRLS or
anything like it (Microarmour comes to mind) does so as a template.
They tend to be rectangular. Especially for a barrage that is set to
roll. And a template of oblate (rectangular being the easiest) shape
makes sense when the weapons are deployed from a moving VTOL. Ripple
fired rockets surely would land in some other shape than a circle. As
for the issue of laying the template... when used on table I make the
user pick a line of fire, declare an MPI, and the template is laid in
a straight line between where it deviates and impacts, so it isn't a
matter of picking the angle on the barrage. You do that by VTOL
manoevre! For off board arty, the same theory applies. All barrages
probably would fall on the same line. And the acetate template is real
easy to do.

Thomas Barclay
Software UberMensch
xwave solutions
(613) 831-2018 x 3008

Prev: Re: More Fighter questions Next: House rule on Launching fighters