Prev: More SLAMmin for SG2 Next: Re: More Fighter questions

House rule on Launching fighters

From: jeremy claridge <jeremy.claridge@k...>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 15:57:01 +0100 ()
Subject: House rule on Launching fighters

This is how I felt launching fighters should be handled:
Take a large carrier. These stats are from the Brigade Minatures Web
page.
(hope you don't mind guys, I'm at work and strangely enough don't have
my FT
books with me :)

CARRIERS
Dayan Class Attack Carrier
Mass-166
Hull Integrity-2 (33 dp)
Thrust-2
FTL
2 x Class-2 (7-1, 11-5)
2 x FCS
4 x PDS
Screens-2
Hangar Space-72;
8 x fighter groups

The hangar space is divided up as normal (so 8 Hangars in this case)
But they need to be designated Launch or Landing. (in & out works)

So for the above carrier you could have 3 Landing bays and 5 Launching
bays.
This means you can launch 5 fighter groups in one turn but only every
recover
3 groups. Providing the bays are empty.

This works fine in our games.
The only complicated point it brought up ended up being rather fun
during a battle.

Player with the carrier wanted to re-arm his torpedo bombers and had to
clear the landing bays
for them to get back into the carrier. This meant putting other fighters
into the launch tubes.
Of course when it came to launching the Torpedo  fighters again the
launch bays were full :)

Never worked on a carrier but this little event demonstrated a real
claustrophobic feel to the carrier.

jeremy claridge
jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk

Prev: More SLAMmin for SG2 Next: Re: More Fighter questions