Prev: Re: More Fighter questions launching Next: More SLAMmin for SG2

Re: More Fighter questions

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 07:47:44 -0700
Subject: Re: More Fighter questions

>2 Quatloos here - Given the nominal game turn is 15 minutes (yes, it's
>nowhere set in stone, but that's the convention GZG-Jon has mentioned
more
>than once) I find it hard to believe that "cargo" fighters can't be
readied
>in a bay designed for fighters for several hours, unless the "cargo"
version
>of the fighter is actualyl stored deconstructed in boxes. I think it
would
>add an interesting flavor to a scenario to have an additional fighter
group
>drawn out of cargo (assuming mass devoted to it on the carrier) every
2-4
>turns, depending on total bay space, available crew units etc...

Even given that perhaps a "boxed" fighter could be prepared in	4-8
turns,
I think that this would detract from the game unless used as a house
rule.
Far better, I think, to have the extra fighters brought on line
inbetween
scenarios.

Besides, the crew is going to have other things on  their mind in the
middle of combat, other than taking things out of storage.

Schoon

Prev: Re: More Fighter questions launching Next: More SLAMmin for SG2