Prev: Re: FMA Skirmish question Next: Re: More Fighter questions

Re: balancing Fighters and different SM loads

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 09:59:23 -0400
Subject: Re: balancing Fighters and different SM loads

Jerry wrote:
>Oh damn.  Grrrr.  I didn't think of that.
> I guess, in the spirit of the weapon, an exploding blast wave would
> tend to wipe out small stuff in its path.  (8-)
> Back to the drawing board...

Why not make it an EMP blast? Ships in the center 1" threshold at 4,
next 1"
at 5, outer 1" at 6. Fighters in the center 1" take 1 damage and lose 4
endurance, middle 1" only lose 4 endurance, outer 2" lose 2 endurance. I
think this would have to be a slightly massier and more expensive SM
round -
like an ER round at least. Myop is that this description matches the B5
Narn
"Energy Mine" pretty well.

Noam

Prev: Re: FMA Skirmish question Next: Re: More Fighter questions