Prev: Re: More Fighter questions Next: Re: More Fighter questions

Re: balancing Fighters and different SM loads

From: Jerry Han <jhan@c...>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 16:06:21 -0400
Subject: Re: balancing Fighters and different SM loads

Tom Anderson wrote:
> yes, you did say that: your rules seem clear and consistent. however,
> would object that they differentiate between ships and fighters: if
> everything in the blast area takes at least 1 point of damage,
shouldn't
> fighters be destroyed instantly, a la nova cannon? i can't see why
> fighters would be immune to the blast (although you can prove anything
> with PSB). note that this would make the SM-B a very effective
> anti-fighter weapon, which is not what it was intended for.

Oh damn.  Grrrr.  I didn't think of that.

I guess, in the spirit of the weapon, an exploding blast wave would
tend to wipe out small stuff in its path.  (8-)

Back to the drawing board...

J.

--
/ Jerry Han -  CANOE Canada - jhan@canoe.ca -
http://people.canoe.ca/jhan \

Prev: Re: More Fighter questions Next: Re: More Fighter questions