Prev: Re: balancing Fighters and different SM loads Next: Re: More Fighter questions

Re: More Fighter questions

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 16:10:30 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: More Fighter questions

On  7-Jul-99 at 15:30, ScottSaylo@aol.com (ScottSaylo@aol.com) wrote:

> That's what I am saying carrying extra fighter squadrons to claim
their
> availability for launch IS a rules lawyer question. Tying it to bays
> relieves  the problem. A modern carrier has four launch catapults
> therefore it can  launch four aircraft in rapid succession. That is
tied to
> the launch  facilities not to the number of squadrons carried. Occam's
razor
> says tie  your rules to the facts and then go for simplicity.

Sounds like a plan.  Any thoughts on 1 for 3?  That would make the
launch rate on most of the current "casual" carriers 1, current
CVL's would be 2, and the current CV's would be 3.

We may try letting everything launch at once anyway.  I know the
carrier I was on could launch many more than 12 planes in 15
minutes, and that isn't even counting futuristic launch procedures.
A B5 type launch facility (or the LAC setup in HH) could reasonably
deliver 100 fighters in 10 minutes.

Roger Books

Prev: Re: balancing Fighters and different SM loads Next: Re: More Fighter questions