Prev: RE: A New Anglian Confederation Interstellar News Network Report Next: Re: "offical" (fleet book) ship designs

Re: Fw: Carriers and other updates

From: cgray <cgray@i...>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 18:43:20 -0700
Subject: Re: Fw: Carriers and other updates

> It doesnt take that long to build a fighter in WW2 the US was cranking
them
> out squadrons at a time altho pilots is another story but if you are
> continually training them it shouldnt be too difficult >>
>
>Ummm..yeah..but we aren't talking WWII tech fighters here are we?
Modern
>fighters take several months to build....and that's if all the
subassemblies
>come in on time and in good shape...Mind you I like fighters...but you
won't
>be cranking FT style fighters out in days like the US was doing in the
big
>one..

I disagree because we are not atr war right now an example isd how they
rushed the steath fighter into combat and we werent doing that at the
start
of WW2 either when war production gets going it can really go albeit for
few years anyway

and WW2 fighter were high tech for them at the time so its all relative
IMO

Prev: RE: A New Anglian Confederation Interstellar News Network Report Next: Re: "offical" (fleet book) ship designs