Prev: RE: FT design - weapons, template Next: Re: Full Thrust and PBEM

Open Day display game

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 15:36:00 +1000
Subject: Open Day display game

A bit of a plug here for out local club; Western Suburbs Wargames Inc,
Altona Meadows, Melbourne, Victoria.

Next Saturday (29 May 99) we'll be playing a fairly large Stargrunt game
as
part of the clubs Open Day.

The scenario consists of a Indon/ESU Mech Bn (-) in an Advance to
Contact
against an OU reinforced Infantry Coy. In the morning we will be playing
three games representing the three approaches to the OU Coy position.
Neither side knows what forces his opponent will have on each approach!!
The
Indon/ESU need to advance as quickly as possible, the OU need to delay
and
identify the en main approach. Rob Deakin has determined the 'Victory'
conditions for each table and these will have an effect on the degree of
preparation of the defensive position vs attackers knowledge of the
defenses!

In the afternoon is the actual assualt on the defensive position.  The
game
will include artillery, tanks, VTOL support and all the trappings of a
spirited defense!

Anyone is welcome to come along. The day will include demonstration
games of
all historical periods as well as fantasy and sci-fi. If you've got a
couple
of ours to spare it will be a worthwhile day.

Hope to see you there, although I guess it IS a little short notice to
organise an air fare from UK or USA or even NZ?? :-)

Cheers,

Owen G

Prev: RE: FT design - weapons, template Next: Re: Full Thrust and PBEM