Prev: Unofficial SG2 Website - Update! Next: Open Day display game

RE: FT design - weapons, template

From: Jesse Casey <jessecasey@n...>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 12:22:48 -0500
Subject: RE: FT design - weapons, template

Greetings,
-----Original Messages-------------------------------------
As for the PJC, why those ranges?  One of the things I like about
FT is weapons have ranges divisible by 6.
-
Um. You didn't include any to-hit mechanism for this one... if it uses
a Wavegun template it'd probably be OK, but if it hits automatically it
is *WAY* too powerful.
-
Fifteen points for a short-range hit is pretty powerful, isn't it?
-----------Answer---------------------------------------------------
PJC ranges are 6"-ers, it is just that the rings start at the 2" mark.
I was trying to create a limitation. Perhaps I should remove it and
just make the max straight line range 18" (0-6, 6-12, 12-18)

And I didn't give it a To-Hit roll because it is used just like
the Nova Cannon and Wave Gun.	Here is what I mean:

1. the PJC is armed during movement orders phase.
2. the PJC discharges at the beginning of the fire phase.
    -- the jet moves straight for 18" (was 20") then is considered
dissipated.
    -- if the jet crosses any part of a ship it "sticks"
	Damage potential is a combination of range and duration.
	-- short range: 9pts 1st turn, 6pts 2nd turn, 3pts 3rd turn
	-- medium range: 7pts 1st turn, 4pts 2nd turn, 1pt 3rd turn
	-- long range: 5pts 1st turn, 2pts 2nd turn
(and to answer the damage concerns)
3. the PJC is powerful (remember the NOVA) it must discharge,
    so watch where you point it!

Prev: Unofficial SG2 Website - Update! Next: Open Day display game