Prev: Manufacturers was: Re: Ship minis.... from old movies and TV Next: Re: Any FT in game stores near Wash DC?

RE: Any FT in game stores near Wash DC?

From: Keith Watt <kwatt@a...>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 07:43:41 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Subject: RE: Any FT in game stores near Wash DC?

Hi Nick!  That's just great!

There is a game shop in College Park off of Rhode Island Ave. called
Realms of Fantasy which stocks FT supplies.  The only problem for me is
that they're only open in the evenings when I'm usually already headed
home.

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Mike Wikan wrote:

> Live WAY outside the city (and I do mean WAAAY out). Having lived
there, you
> will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...you must
be
> cautious.

Let me second that.  I got my first masters at Gallaudet University,
which
is on the northeast side of the District off of Florida Ave.  Prior to
that time I had never even -known- anyone who had witnessed a crime.
During the two years that I was there: my car was stolen, there were
three
gun battles outside my window, two murders within 1/4 mile, and I came
home from class early one day to find a guy -in- my apartment stealing
my
computer system (I convinced him to just put it down and we'd go our
seperate ways, but often in DC they shoot you just to be safe - I was
lucky).  All this while I was the single parent of a (then) 4-year-old
boy.

When I started at Univ. of Maryland (College Park, north of the
Beltway),
we moved to Riverdale and that was better, but not a lot better.  The
further you live outside the Beltway, the better things seem to be.

We now live in Annapolis on the Chesapeake and love it.  Great schools,
great town, very safe, inexpensive - and 3 private beaches in the
community. The only bummer is the 35-40 min commute to College Park, but
it's worth it.	If you don't want to live that far out, Laurel is very
nice (and outside the Beltway too).  Email me direct if you want more
advice on the Maryland side of the District, I think there are several
others on the list who know more about the Virginia side.

So now we have to get the Baltimore guys down here and play some Full
Thrust!  Maybe this time you and me can kick some FSE tail instead of
vice
versa, eh? <g>

TTYL..
Keith

kwatt@astro.umd.edu
Univ. of Maryland Astronomy

Prev: Manufacturers was: Re: Ship minis.... from old movies and TV Next: Re: Any FT in game stores near Wash DC?