Prev: John Atkinson Next: Re: Ship minis.... from old movies and TV

Re: Ship minis.... from old movies and TV

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@H...>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 22:49:05 -0500
Subject: Re: Ship minis.... from old movies and TV

At 10:07 PM 3/23/99 -0500, Tom wrote:
>Aaron spake thusly upon matters weighty:
>> As long as we're on the topic... as loose as it is...
>
><can't name your TV show>

Movie, I think.  Or maybe mini-series, who knows.

>Blake 7 (British) also had some neat ships IIRC. There were actually
>(Corgi?) toys of them...

Hmm... heard the name, never seen the show to my knowledge.

>> <grin> Those, and the Gunstar, I would love to see!	Though the
non-Niall
>> could likely serve as Vipers....
>
>They are not bad, but I wouldn't mind seeing a custom crafted
>not-viper. And the not-Raider, both good ideas. Someone made
>minis of these, but they are 1. way out of scale for FT (too big) and
>more irritatingly  2. out of scale to each other - the viper is way
>big with comparison to the raider.

Heh.  I was also thinking that one of the TuffleyVerse fighters did look
*little* like a Raider -- it has a disk-like portion to it, anyway --
but
it'd probably be smaller than the not-Niall, which kinda kills that
idea.
Digging out the Geo-Hex catalog, I think I'm thinking of the NSL
Wespe-class fighter, but the photocopy isn't all that good.  Anyone?

>Now if only someone made a base-star in a reasonable scale.... the
>only ones I've seen are big plastic models.... which are planet sized
>or gas giant sized in FT....

Or, if they're in scale with the starships, as a really muckin' huge
starbase....

Later,

					Aaron Teske
					ateske@HICom.net
LAUNCH DAY!
A totally unprovoked attack on peaceful neighbors. Must be the race
file. Does strange things.
		--Rick Kucejko, on the War Monger PRT in Stars!

Prev: John Atkinson Next: Re: Ship minis.... from old movies and TV