Prev: Re: [FT] FTL Next: Re: [FT] FTL

RE: [FT] Basing Fighters

From: John Fox <jfox@v...>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 05:26:55 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: [FT] Basing Fighters

Hello everyone:
  It seems to me that all this fuse about basing fighters is a lot more
complicated that you need to make it.  I do the following to make
fighter bases.

  1) Get some oak facing (1 inch by 3/8 inch by what ever length)
  2) Go to drill press and put appropriate drill bit for your dice size
in and
then drill a bunch of holes halfway throught the facing.  Seperate them
by
enough material to cut with a band saw.
  3) Go to band saw and cut them into individual pieces.
diameter for
the metal part (I use small nails) [make the hole slightly smaller in
diamter
than the nail] Drill a hole in one corner of each individual piece.
  4) Get nail and tap into hole
  5) Take all the stands and place on old board (or painting smock) and
then
paint with whatever color you like.
  6) Let dry
  7) Peal off paint on very top of nail (maybe some on the head sides
also)
  8) Glue the fighter to nail head.
  DONE.

  John Fox