Prev: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion. (Warp Space Winds) Next: RE: [FT]Sensors -Xeno Sensors & FTL

Re: [OFFICIAL][DS2] FMA Enhancement for DS2

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 20:51:22 +1300
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL][DS2] FMA Enhancement for DS2

Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@university-college.oxford.ac.uk> wrote:
Andrew wrote:
>>If the attacker's roll is "1", there is a chance of a FSD result. Roll
the
element's quality die against it's leadership rating. Success indicates
that
the element has missed. Failure indicates that the element has incurred
FSD result.
>hey, I like that idea! I'm not entirely sure that rolling against
leadership is appropriate, but I agree that troop quality is a major
issue.
maybe roll troop quality against fire control die - better FC will get
systems-down risks (ones) less often, but when they do, it's harder to
stop
them :-).

Attacker's dice roll is their fire control (FC) dice, Basic FC is D6,
enhanced FC is D8, superior FC is D10. Rolling a "1" automatically
happens
less often with the higher quality fire controls.
    Rolling the troop quality die (green D6, regular D8, veteran D10),
against the leader ship number (1 = good, 2 = fair, 3 = mediocre),
reflects
training and motivation. Rolling the leadership number or less indicates
that the FC system has definitely failed, giving a Firer Systems Down
chit.
Rolling higher than the leadership, means that the element can fire
again on
the next activation, and that a potentially serious problem has been
averted.
    I hope this explanation has been helpful.

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz ICQ: 26227169
Blind See-Saw, DSII, DSII FAQ, GZG-L email FAQ, FUDGE, UY, MSH & WBG:
    http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/

Prev: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion. (Warp Space Winds) Next: RE: [FT]Sensors -Xeno Sensors & FTL