Prev: Re: [OT] Re: Tired of the stupid comments about SST... Next: Re: [OT] Re: Tired of the stupid comments about SST...

Re: [OT] Re: Tired of the stupid comments about SST...

From: "Mark A. Siefert: LORD OF ALL EVIL!" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 12:45:30 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: Tired of the stupid comments about SST...

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Brian Burger wrote:

> The only semi-coherent explaination I can think of is that the
> scriptwriters/producers/etc were working on the Russian model: lots
and
> lots of mediocre infantry, and ignore casualties.

	So kill all you want, we'll just breed and train more, hmmmmm?

> They left out the rest of the Russian Equation, though: lots and lots
of
> artillery and armour...Given the rest of the movie's tactical
sillyness -
> napalm-armed tac fighters coming out to play ONCE; no AFVs, no fire
> support, etc etc, I think we can just file SST under "Horrible Movies
That
> Shouldn't Have Been Made". It's got a lot of company in that
category...

	That's would have cost more.  They blew the movie's budget on
the
stars' dermatologists bill and prom dresses. ;-)

And now a typical day on the set of SST:

	<Verhoven> "Vo needs read ze book!  All ve need is ze photogenic
teen actors and the co-ed shower zene and ve have ze Blockbuster.
Besides... I have to warn ze world about ze Nazis!  ZE NAZIS ARE
EVERYWHERE!!!!"</Verhoven>

Later,
Mark A. Siefert

"[Like] fire and fusion, government is a dangerous servant and a
terrible
master."

					--Professor Bernardo de la Paz
					"The Moon is a Harsh Mistress"