Prev: Re: [OT] Re: Tired of the stupid comments about SST... Next: Re: [OT] Re: Tired of the stupid comments about SST...

Re: [OT] Re: Tired of the stupid comments about SST...

From: Jonathan Jarrard <jjarrard@f...>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 13:43:16 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: Tired of the stupid comments about SST...

Brian Burger wrote:

> The only semi-coherent explaination I can think of is that the
> scriptwriters/producers/etc were working on the Russian model: lots
and
> lots of mediocre infantry, and ignore casualties.

No, it's much simpler than that.  The powers that be looked at their
census figures and realized they were getting to have to many voters
(Remember: Service Guarantees Citizenship).

So, they called up the Bugs, offered them some trade concessions,
haggled over which Bug planet to trade for Buenos Aires, and the Bugs
cooked up some warriors to order. . .