Prev: Re: [OT] Re: Tired of the stupid comments about SST... Next: Re: [OT] Re: Tired of the stupid comments about SST...

Re: [OT] Re: Tired of the stupid comments about SST...

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 10:28:16 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: Tired of the stupid comments about SST...

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Jonathan Jarrard wrote:

> Brian Burger wrote:
> >
> > I'm willing to grant that the spaceship scenes are very good
looking.
> Yes, they were great.  But why didn't they USE any of those big gun
> turrets we say????  The fleet is being massacred during hte drop
scenes,
> but we don't see one SHOT fired at the planet!

The only semi-coherent explaination I can think of is that the
scriptwriters/producers/etc were working on the Russian model: lots and
lots of mediocre infantry, and ignore casualties.

They left out the rest of the Russian Equation, though: lots and lots of
artillery and armour...Given the rest of the movie's tactical sillyness
-
napalm-armed tac fighters coming out to play ONCE; no AFVs, no fire
support, etc etc, I think we can just file SST under "Horrible Movies
That
Shouldn't Have Been Made". It's got a lot of company in that category...

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)			-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
      - http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-