Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: [DS2] FMA Enhancement for DS2 Next: OGREs (and BattleTech) in DS2

Re: [OFFICIAL][DS2] FMA Enhancement for DS2

From: "Kevin Walker" <sage@m...>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 13:28:47 -0600
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL][DS2] FMA Enhancement for DS2

First of all, thanks to both Brian and Jon for these ideas.  It started
me
thinking about a few things that might tie in nicely with these
proposals.

Strictly as an optional consideration it should be possible to keep the
"Boom", "Firer Systems Down", etc. results in.	Add percentile dice to
the
attackers penetration roll.  If they come up 00 a "Boom" result occurs
(add
in the other results as desired).  I realize this means adding more dice
in
but it shouldn't be too difficult as it's simply reading the dice
against a
very short table of result and the additional dice rolled are thrown at
the
same time as the penetration die is thrown.  There's no need to have the
defender roll any addition dice as there is no defensive system to
counter
act the "special" results.  Anyone who wants to dispense with these
"specials" can do so without altering the  steps of resolution to
penetration and just for officialness sake we make this an optional
rule.
Now, if you don't mind I think I'll take cover against the incoming
fire.

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: [DS2] FMA Enhancement for DS2 Next: OGREs (and BattleTech) in DS2