Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL][DS2] FMA Enhancement for DS2 Next: Re: FT: FB2 Preview - Obi Wan Tuffley

OGREs (and BattleTech) in DS2

From: "Kevin Walker" <sage@m...>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 14:08:38 -0600
Subject: OGREs (and BattleTech) in DS2

With the recent discussion of FMA modifications to the DS2 armor
penetration
system I started looking at the issue of OGREs and BattleTech mechs
representation in the game.

I'd like to say on the outset that I prefer keeping them like they are
now.
However I do find myself occasionally tempted to design and run a
scenario
where these a beast of this sort might be used as the elite individual
(or
group) against the plentiful hordes of tanks and infantry.

To this end I was wonder if it might be reasonable to allow Mechs
(optionally
only of course) to be designed using the modular vehicle system.  This
way
each section could be it's own module.

With OGREs how would people feel if each module represented part of a
track
assembly,  a main weapon, or a battery of secondary weapons.  This way
you
can duplicate the original feeling of OGRE table top game of the huge
beast
slowly being chipped away at.  Of course this would wreck havoc with the
point system, but I'm not even remotely suggesting that this be figured
in.
For those of us (including myself) that think these giants should always
have an Achilles' heel you could always add in a power module that can
only
be shot at from certain directions (how about side/rear only) and has a
minimum (here comes the connection to the new FMA related suggestions)
armor
die roll of a target number (say half or so).

Alright...  any comments.

Kevin Walker
Mac / Windows Software Developer
sage@millcomm.com
Rochester   MN	 USA

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL][DS2] FMA Enhancement for DS2 Next: Re: FT: FB2 Preview - Obi Wan Tuffley