Prev: RE: Star Trek Weapon Next: Re: Star Trek Weapon

Re: [OT] Starfire economics/large battles was Re: Space Stations

From: Donald Hosford <hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 15:10:29 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Starfire economics/large battles was Re: Space Stations

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> Donald Hosford wrote:
>
> > I have the second version of the Starfire Economics.
>
> Um... that's "New Empires", isn't it? I alwasy forget whether or not
> Starfire I had a campaign supplement or not - that was long before my
> time :-/

Yes it did.  The first version of Starfire had three booklets.	The
first
empire rules were called:  "Starfire III Empires"  Boy were they a mess!
There was no table of contents, the colonizing rules were scattered all
over.  And every planet in the system was worth something, regardless of
weather you actually DID something with it!

In spite of this, we had several fun games...

> > In that there is no
> > adjustments to limit the number of ships...in one game,  after about
10
> > turns, we had a battle of over 150+ ships.
>
> That doesn't say much, though. If those 150+ ships (per side, or
total?)
> were CTs, the battle wouldn't have taken that long anyway :-/ (3-5
hours
> IME; depending on what tactics and weapon mixes were used - and yes,
I've
> fought quite a lot of battles like this.)

That was the total number of ships present.  Most of our battles were
similar
in size to those listed in the scenarios. (IE not more than 10 or so on
side.)	That battle was our first and only mega battle.  Since we
couldn't
figure out (at the time) how to proceed, the game ended.

> Later,
>
> Oerjan Ohlson
> oerjan.ohlson@telia.com
>
> "Life is like a sewer.
>   What you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
> - Hen3ry

Donald Hosford

Prev: RE: Star Trek Weapon Next: Re: Star Trek Weapon