Prev: Re: Starmap wave 4 Next: Re: Starmap wave 4

Re: Starmap wave 4

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 00:25:44 -0500
Subject: Re: Starmap wave 4

Nyrath the nearly wise wrote:

> The latest version of the starmap is up at
> http://www.clark.net/pub/nyrath/ft/ftmapmain.html

OK, now is there a website out there that goes into the gritty details
of exactally what the various classifications are, and how they would
influence their solar systems?	I mean, I've got New Levant (to pick
example at random).

It's a k-m star with luminosity .00288.  So it's a small, dim, reddish
star, which means the planet is gonna have to be close to the star,
etc.  On that level, I'm fine. OBFGKM, right?  But is there a place that
lays it out in more detail?

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Starmap wave 4 Next: Re: Starmap wave 4