Prev: Re: Inner Colonies Next: Re: [DS2] Anti-Tank guns

Re: [DS2,SG2] Future Tank

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 19:47:10 +1300
Subject: Re: [DS2,SG2] Future Tank

Brian Bell <bkb@beol.net> wrote:
>I found this article about Britain's proposed tank design.
>It has plastic armor, adaptive coloring, stealth, a gauss cannon,
>runs on batteries, and has defensive screens!

>>The London Sunday Times wrote:
>>Even if the tank is detected, it should prove hard to destroy.
>>Any missile would first have to overcome
>>an electromagnetic force field.
    A Star Trek/Star Wars/Full Thrust screen? Not so, just bad word
choice
or poor reporting, as we read further...

>>Its powerful pulses would disable enemy electronics and
>>detonate missiles well before impact.
    Sounds like directed EMP pulses, or, more likely, ECM. Any other
opinions?

>>The tank's armament would also be formidable,
>>including missiles and a large gun.
>>This would fire conventional explosive shells,
>>but accelerate them to even higher velocities with
>>an electromagnetic pulse - enhancing accuracy
>>and increasing the range.
    Electromagnetic rail gun or coil gun, prototype MDC, but definitely
not
EMP.

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz ICQ: 26227169
Blind See-Saw, DSII, DSII FAQ, GZG-L email FAQ, FUDGE, UY, MSH & WBG:
    http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/

Prev: Re: Inner Colonies Next: Re: [DS2] Anti-Tank guns