Prev: Re: Inner Colonies Next: Re: Inner Colonies

Re: Inner Colonies

From: "Thomas Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 11:27:21 -0500
Subject: Re: Inner Colonies

devans@uneb.edu spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> Thomas sagely stated:
> ***
> Yes and in subsequent mail he has described there(sic)

that should be *their*

powers in the
> outworld as far less than their power in the inner systems - the core
> of human life.
> ***
>
> However, and I quote FTII, pg 43, with no challenge to the legal
copyright,
> yadda yadda yadda:
> 'Pressure by several major powers results in UNSC having no mandate to
operate
> in the Outworlds, except in a scientific/research capacity.'
>
> You were correct in his intentions, though he had made them clear even
with
> FTII.

Well, I'd concur wholeheartedly.

 I do think my point about the Sol solar system (redundant phrase?)
being
> relatively stable at the time of the FB, is still strongly supported.

I'd agree with that too. I think the UN + The power balance keeps any
one nation from getting TOO many ideas ...in the inner core - the
outworlds are like toyland for them - they can play around and if
things go badly, sweep it under the rug...

> PS Shouldn't ONE of us get back to work? Or, are you still
repressing... ;->=

:)
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: Inner Colonies Next: Re: Inner Colonies