Prev: Re: UBW fict Next: Re: [URL] New SG2 Web Site with Minis Photos

Re: NAC Vehicles and Inf Question (SG2)

From: DracSpy@a...
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 22:50:12 EST
Subject: Re: NAC Vehicles and Inf Question (SG2)

<< As to equiping Powered Armour and Normal Infantry, there are no hard
or
 fast rules.  Most of the grunts will use Assault or Gauss Rifles of
some
 description with the odd SAW and Anti-Tank weapon here and there.
Fitting
 everyone with a SAW-type weapon makes for a nasty unit with dangerous
 firepower, but is not terribly realistic.  All Powered armour troops,
while
 fun, get tiresome for your opponent, especially if he is facing them
off
 with normal grunts.  Have a look at the force examples in the back of
the
 SGII book (pgs 67-69) which includes a fairly detailed look at the NAC
 Royal Marines.  Or of you are looking for a much more generic force
layout,
 you might like to try my Force Generica list I have posted on my GZG
site.
 You can find it at:

 http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/2470/gzghome.html

 You can also find a list of some generic scenarios to use if you get
stuck
 coming up with scenarios for you SGII games. >>
Thanks, I think that the UBW will keep a lot going, one idea that I'm
thinking
about is a Kra'Vak ship that jumped into Gawain, in one jump, from Dixie
(or
some place a LONG way away) and then taking it back.
As for PA troopers, I don't think that there will be to many, but those
that
we (the UBW) has will be upgraded designs, that make NAC look like ESU.
The
UBW has a few R&D and other tech resources, we also do a lot of trading,
with
those who do not try do invade our systems, the NAC comes to mind.  The
forces
that we have for the show down are hover units (Medium MICV and Heavy
Tank) we
also have Horse Mounted Cav and a few other units, I'll post the full
TE&O
soon.
-Stephen

Prev: Re: UBW fict Next: Re: [URL] New SG2 Web Site with Minis Photos