Prev: Re: [SGII] Random thoughts on Colonials Next: Re: [FT] OFFICIAL RULING REQUEST (was Re: Couple of questions)

Re: Cheese Fleet

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 20:21:45 +0100
Subject: Re: Cheese Fleet

Graeme Bradbury wrote:

> Has anyone come across the all p-torp fleet.

Yes indeed :-) Beaten them, too, but they can be tough. Probably
wouldn't
work against Aaron though, at least if he keeps rolling lots of sixes
<g>

There are several ways to do it. One which hasn't been mentioned so far
is to build a fleet similar to his but with armour (or weapons) instead
of screens - his ships must have level-2 screns, or else a beam fleet
will outgun him decisively at longer ranges, but those screens are no
defence at all against other pulse torps :-) Of course, your own fleet
with pulse torps and armour is vulnerable to beam-armed ships even
though
it'll take quite a bit of killing. (...depends on who is rolling the
dice, though... ;-)

Re: Alan's comment about sitting at speed 0 and turning to face: That's
nice. If my enemy sits motionless I control the range... and I can dream
about Waveguns, too :-)

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [SGII] Random thoughts on Colonials Next: Re: [FT] OFFICIAL RULING REQUEST (was Re: Couple of questions)