Prev: Re: Encyclopedia Galactica - Technical Details Next: Re: NI stealth project

Re: Encyclopedia Galactica - Technical Details

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 00:36:37 -0500
Subject: Re: Encyclopedia Galactica - Technical Details

a) I propose a black background with white text,  green links, line
breaks
by simple horizontal rules <hr> or <hr 50%>, the header jpeg but no
background.  The objective is to keep it simple.  We can always include
link to a cascading style sheet and play around with the CSS later.

b) I propose we layer the amount of detail in descriptions, with each
item
allocated one line on an "index/glossary" page, then a paragraph or so
on
the Encyclopedia page, then a link to the full web page of whoever wants
maintain it.  Obviously some topics ("History of the NAC") will take up
more
space than others ("Night Music" recon corvette).  Something along the
lines
of:

Glossary:
Night Music: fast recon corvette of Alarishi design.

Encyclopedia:
Night Music.  A product of Imperial Technology & Transport (ITT) (link)
of
Alarish (link), the Night Music class was designed as a reconnaissance
vessel.  The Night Music carries no weapons other than a point defense
system, but has a top of the line sensor suite and twice the
acceleration of
most escort type warships.  Variations include an express courier
design.
The vessel is a particular favorite of mercenary ship owners, and has
also
been licensed to New Israel (link) and the NRE (link).	The Night Vision
(link) class is an updated model with improved stealth capabilities.
For
more information, see the Alarishi Fleet List (link).

[Most of those links would be to other paragraphs of the E-GZG--the last
one
would take you to a copy of my page, reformatted to fit the Encyclopedia
standards, which would have the ship stats]

Prev: Re: Encyclopedia Galactica - Technical Details Next: Re: NI stealth project