Prev: RE: Haha!! Next: RE: Haha!!

Re: [FT] Huge games? Yikes!!

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 16:03:17 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Huge games? Yikes!!

-MWS- wrote:

> I've been reading posts on the list about games with 20, 30, and even
60 (!!)
> ships *per side*, and I'm starting to wonder if anyone actually plays
the
> games out to completion. :)

     Well the games that run into the 40 to 60 ship range have a
duration of 2.5 the 3.5 (sometimes 4) hours.   Please note that we
do not use the FT/MT movement system as it is to time consuming for
movement and firing.

'HOUSE RULES' rules
     The ships move in order from low thrust to high thrust
1) FT missiles.
2) Thrust 1/2.
3) Thrust 3/4.
4) Thrust 5/6.
5) Thrust 7/8.
6) Fighters.
Firing occures in the reverse order.

And while John F. didn't mention this in his 'Tactics Question'
message, the 'move last and fire first' of the thrust 8 ship is
a part of the problem.	 The other part of the problem is that the
ships are a mixed tech of human and Kravak, this was not suspected
until ths ships emerged and stomped a system.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: RE: Haha!! Next: RE: Haha!!