Prev: Re: Leading with Escorts (was Directional screens (armor dropped)) Next: The many Marks of the GZG Mailing List. (Re: Leading with Escorts (was Directional screens (armor dropped))

Re: Leading with Escorts (was Directional screens (armor dropped

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 20:04:31 -0800
Subject: Re: Leading with Escorts (was Directional screens (armor dropped

>	Which begs the question:  When do you use escorts in a battle.
Do you
>send them out to engage the enemy while the heavies pound away from a
>distance, or do you you hold them back to protect the capitals?

I would actually say "neither."

I would send the heavies in first with the escorts trailing behind, at
least 6-12 MU. As the enemy formation commits to their strategy and/or
your
fire opens an avenue of attack, the accellerate them into the fray,
where
they can make a difference before they "pop."

Schoon