Prev: Re: NRE, IF and Alarishi designs, was Re: [FT] Hardened Systems Next: Re: [FT]campign blues

Re: [FT]Twilight Imperium Campaigns [was: campign blues]

From: Christopher Pratt <valen@g...>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 12:07:28 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT]Twilight Imperium Campaigns [was: campign blues]

I think a thousand is prolly way toooooo much...remember that we have to
play
out these battle with minitures later :)
I'd have to look at the costs for ships agian, but if i remember right a
dreadnought is 10 credits, so my thinking went along the lines of 500 FT
points
for a dreadnought, thus 50 points for 1 credit.
we would also have to come up with a R&D system to incorporate the
weapons and
such from full thrust.

sounds like a fun game though

later
chris
valen@gatecom.com

Andrew & Alex wrote:

> Chris Pratt <valen@gatecom.com> wrote:
> >I thought about using twilight imperium (the board game by fantasy
flight
> games) to
> >play a FT campign.  Twilight imperium (for those of you who don't
know)
> already has
> >mechanics for economics, R&D, etc...etc... I was thinking of simple
> assigning each
> >credit a FT point value in naval construction.  For example 1 credit
could
> be worth
> >50 points, making a typical light cruiser cost 3 credits
>     I've just been playing Twilight Imperium this Sunday afternoon (I
nearly
> won!), and I've been thinking about using it for campaigns for Full
Thrust: