Prev: Re: [FT]Twilight Imperium Campaigns [was: campign blues] Next: Re: NRE, IF and Alarishi designs, was Re: [FT] Hardened Systems

Re: NRE, IF and Alarishi designs

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 11:34:12 +0100
Subject: Re: NRE, IF and Alarishi designs

Laserlight wrote:

> >IFN Tulwar "DDH" (though at Mass 50 - *more* than the Turcoman and
> >Kronprinz Wilhelm classes of Light Cruisers! - I'm a bit suspicious
> > about calling this a "destroyer"... <g>): With a total Mass of 50,
this > > ship is

> Brendan was responsible for classifying (and designing) this one; if
you
> look at the mass ranges given for DDH in the Fleet Book,  you'll see
that > 50 can qualify as a DDH.

Sure. It's just that the classification uses the extreme upper end for
the DDH class and the extreme *lower* end for the CL class - which means
that within the same service, the DDHs are 25% bigger than the CLs... in
my mind it ought to be the other way around :-/ Comparisions with ships
from other services (eg, my using the NSL CL as an example) aren't very
valid, of course.

'Course, the ship classes tend to grow with time. so the Turcomans may
simply be a very old, obsolete class while the Tulwars are brand new
<shrug>

> As far as the others go, I haven't hand checked them, instead relying
on
> Jared's spreadsheet 4.0 version.  I am happy to send you (and anyone >
> else) the spreadsheet.

As long as it is smaller than 200K in .zip format (the biggest emails I
can download at the moment...) and that I manage to open it correctly in
Excel 5.0 I'll be happy to look it over :-)

> I'll mention that the designs on the spreadsheet are not
> identical to the web page, which I promise I'll get around to
modifying
Any
> Day Now.

OK. I downloaded the designs from the web page.

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.