Prev: Re: NRE, IF and Alarishi designs, was Re: [FT] Hardened Systems Next: Re: NRE, IF and Alarishi designs

Re: [FT]Twilight Imperium Campaigns [was: campign blues]

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 19:29:33 +1300
Subject: Re: [FT]Twilight Imperium Campaigns [was: campign blues]

Chris Pratt <valen@gatecom.com> wrote:
>I thought about using twilight imperium (the board game by fantasy
flight
games) to
>play a FT campign.  Twilight imperium (for those of you who don't know)
already has
>mechanics for economics, R&D, etc...etc... I was thinking of simple
assigning each
>credit a FT point value in naval construction.  For example 1 credit
could
be worth
>50 points, making a typical light cruiser cost 3 credits
    I've just been playing Twilight Imperium this Sunday afternoon (I
nearly
won!), and I've been thinking about using it for campaigns for Full
Thrust:
Fleet Book, too. I think that three credits should allow for more than
just
one light cruiser. That's because carriers (costing 10 credits) can
carry so
much. Carriers in Twilight Imperium can carry, if I recall correctly,
between 8-10 ground or fighter units.
    So I think the conversion ratio should be more than 1 credit = 50
points. Possibly, 1 credit = 500 or maybe even 1,000 points.
    Any other opinions, ideas, comments?

Andrew Martin
-------------
ICQ #:26227169
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
 http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/
Usagi Yojimbo Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/UY/
Marvel Super Heroes: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/MSH/
MSH World Builders Guidebook:
 http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/MSH/WBG/

Prev: Re: NRE, IF and Alarishi designs, was Re: [FT] Hardened Systems Next: Re: NRE, IF and Alarishi designs