Prev: Re: NRE, IF and Alarishi designs Next: Re: NRE, IF and Alarishi designs

Re: NRE, IF and Alarishi designs, was Re: [FT] Hardened Systems

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 12:11:38 +0100
Subject: Re: NRE, IF and Alarishi designs, was Re: [FT] Hardened Systems

John M. Atkinson wrote:

> Oerjan Ohlson wrote:
>
> > <G> There are some... oddities with both NRE, IF and Alarishi
designs,
> > however - I'm not sure if they are typos or miscalculations, though.
>
> Should be fixed.  Got some strange points values, would appreciate
> double checks.
>
> > NRE Milvian Bridge-class Destroyer Leader.
> > NRE Commerce Raider: Same problem as for the Milvian Bridge.
> > NRE St. Symeon CA

All correct now :-)

> > NRE de la Valette BC: With the hull and engines specified, a Mass
120
> > hull could only have 36 Mass. It has 37, but in this case it is
> > sufficient to increase the hull size to 121 (which makes the total
cost
> > 4030 MN rather than the 4060 listed). Hull integrity remains the
same.

> Same Typo as above. [St. Cyril hull integrity]

No. The de la Valette has the correct hull integrity and is a legal
design; it's just that it doesn't have the Mass and cost specified on
your page :-) It is slightly bigger (not enough to require bigger
engines, fortunately) and slightly less expensive (since the shields of
the St.Cyril class were replaced with engines, and engines are cheaper).

> > NRE Virgin Mary DNH: Should only be able to fit 100 Mass equipment;
has
> > 102 Mass (smallest legal ship size 254 Mass).
>
> Fixed.

Not on the web page, though :-( It still carries:

2xClass 2 Battery (360/FH) = 3+2 = 5 Mass
3xClass 3 batteries, (LS/RS/FH) = 3x6 = 18
2xClass 1 Battery = 2x1 = 2
14 tons module space = 14
5xFire Control = 5
6xPDS = 6
Armor rating 9 = 9
Level 2 Shields = 25
2 Fighter bays = 18

for a total of 102 Mass.

> > NRE Antioch CVE:
> > NRE St. Peter CV:

Both correct now :-)

> > IFN Tulwar "DDH" (though at Mass 50 - *more* than the Turcoman and
> > Kronprinz Wilhelm classes of Light Cruisers! - I'm a bit suspicious
> > about calling this a "destroyer"... <g>): With a total Mass of 50,
this > > ship is

> Strategic Misinformation.

I thought that was the speciality of the NRE, not the IF...? <G>

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: NRE, IF and Alarishi designs Next: Re: NRE, IF and Alarishi designs