Prev: Re: [DSII] Reactive armour Next: Re: [DSII] [OT] Point defence against lawyers

[FT] Sensors (Was Re: Big Beams was: Re: [FT] SMLs, Type 3 & Tactics) Snip before forwarding ;:)

From: "Denny Graver" <cyberdruss@c...>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 00:04:40 -0000
Subject: [FT] Sensors (Was Re: Big Beams was: Re: [FT] SMLs, Type 3 & Tactics) Snip before forwarding ;:)

Excuse the big title but I

>>theoretical max range of 72 mu, a Class-16 192 mu - but the standard
>>sensor rules	from FT limits the actual firing ranges to 54 mu IIRC.
>>'Course, the entire sensor section of the rules needs to be looked
over
>>for FT3 (or FB2, or something).

This is something I'm looking at at the moment.  The tactical
intelligence
section from SFB will be my main source of inspiration, I think, but
here
are some random thoughts/possibilities for FT without SFB infulence :)

LR Sensors Mass 2 Cost 6 (FT/MT & FB)
Doubles the detection range to 72" for Civilian craft, and 108" for
Military.

Option 2
Treat sensors as weapons.  All ships now add basic sensors on the SSD
and
add two boxes to the icon just like mines in FT or energy mines in EFSB.
When using sensors to scan other ships, roll dice according to type of
sensors:

			18"	   36"	      72"	 104"
Basic sensors		2d6	   1d6
Enhanced sensors	3d6	   2d6	      1d6
Superior Sensors	4d6	   3d6	      2d6	 1d6

"Damage" scored against a ship is compared to the DP of the ship
scanned.
This is compared to the following chart. All damage is cumulative
(perhaps
erased if the ship suffers a threshold roll critical), The targeted ship
counts as screened if only one sensor box is active (one crossed off per
hit) and effect is shifted up a level if the defending ship has ECM.

Less than 1/2	 No information
up to x1	 Mass/TMF only and whether Mil or Civilian
up to x2	 Mass, Drives, Screens,  Structure
up to x3	 Data on all onboard systems (Show your opponent an
undamaged SSD)
      x4	 As above but all ship details including damage (the
actual
SSD), plus reveal details of cargo if appropriate, ie.
"Captain I'm picking up at least 200 separate life form readings", or
"The ship is carrying a large quantity of Denundium.", etc.

As I said earlier, this lot is off the top of my head, but if it starts
any
balls rolling I am sure we'll end up with better rules. :]

Den

Denny Graver AKA: Tron:
Email: cyberdruss@clara.net
http://www.cyberdruss.clara.net/index.html
Home of 'FULL MECHA JACKET' and U.M.P.I.R.E
(c) T.D.Graver 1999
51.32N 0.06W London (UK:GMT)	      ICQ 26026478
Full Thrust, Heavy Gear, Ogre, Gev, Stargrunt, Dirtside (all under
construction)

Prev: Re: [DSII] Reactive armour Next: Re: [DSII] [OT] Point defence against lawyers