Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC

Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 22:13:50 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC

On Wed, 16 Dec 1998, Thomas Barclay wrote:
> Jared spake thusly upon matters weighty:
> > Secondly, I really thing I have to agree with Tom's suggestion

goes without saying :-)

> > - Electronic
> > Docs and multi-lingual computer translation are going to be
ubiquitous by
> > the time we're talking about.
>
> And we may have small vocoders that can translate. You'd be
> effectively polylingual by having one of these. Maybe its a UN tech
> development - the multilator.

potentially based around the Universal Network Language technology
currently being developed by - wait for it - the United nations
University:

http://unl.ias.unu.edu/

once more, life imitates GZG-L ...

> The
> throat mike takes their native language, encodes it into a 'universal
> language' (not necessarily understood by anything other than
> computers)

i can only assume mr barclay is aware of the UNL project. otherwise,
this
is just too scary for words (those bloody orbital mind control lasers
again!).

Tom

Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC