Prev: RE: [FT] RG Damage Vs. Armour Next: Re: [GZG-Misc] GZG Miniature Gaming Club?

RE: [FT] What was WRONG with Railguns??

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@n...>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 13:44:33 -0600
Subject: RE: [FT] What was WRONG with Railguns??

> What with all the reworking and theories and proposals, I don't
honestly
> know what the problem was with railguns?  The hit/damage mechanics
were
> fine.  Damage was acceptable.  What WAS it that started all this?

The goal was trying to update the KV for the next Fleet Book.  The
problem
with the railguns were cost to mass and then why get a class 3 RG when 3
class 1s were just as good.

In MT, 2 dice were rolled for each RG, one to-hit and one to determine
damage.  Some of the latest proposals are very dice heavy with 1 or 2
dice
per class and then variable to-hit numbers or dice by range, armor
modifers
that can vary dice rolled and then to-hit numbers.  Its getting more
complicated than it should and I think a lot of the solutions are not
related to the problems and change the all or nothing feel of the RG.

I still favor the approach I have already advocated but will have to
drop
out of this discussion since too many other things are piling up on my
desk
and this discussion is tough to keep up with.

Dean

Prev: RE: [FT] RG Damage Vs. Armour Next: Re: [GZG-Misc] GZG Miniature Gaming Club?