Prev: Re: Assault Breaker system [SG2] [DS2] Next: GZGL FH - Terrorist Factories

Re: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 01:19:08 +0000
Subject: Re: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

	I don't know but you might want to make KV armour lighter, say 3
armour
boxes for 2 mass at regular cost. That might solve the problem for the
mid
size ships but you then might need to up the mass of class 3 rail guns,
say
4 before extra arcs, to make the larger ships fit.

	Tony.
	twilko@ozemail.com.au

At 01:07 19/11/98 -0800, you wrote:
>OK, how's this for on-topic?
>
>I've got a small task force's worth of K'V minis which I'd love to get
>into a Full Thrust game under fleet book rules.  So, as per
>conversations some time ago with Los, I've started converting them
using
>More Thrust weights for railguns and scatterpacks,
>and 90 degree firing arcs for K'V.
>
>Keeping the same weapons fit as the More Thrust Kra'Vak, one gets the
>following results:
>
>http://www.angelfire.com/va/basileus/KV.html
>
>in tabular form.  Notice I'm not worrying about firing arcs in this,
>just number of batteries and mass they take up.  I'm more or less happy
>with most of the capital ships,  I had to fudge some of the results for
>the escorts, but the whole bracket from Light Cruiser/Hunter all the
way
>to Battlecruiser just doesn't feel right.  If I use the high speeds of
>More Thrust, and average hulls, then I can't stick enough armor on to
>'feel' right to me.  Any suggestions?	Should I use weaker hulls and
>more armor?  Adjust the weapons load-out?  Slow down the cruisers?
Slit