Prev: Re: Does anyone know who this is? Next: Re: Assault Breaker system [SG2] [DS2]

RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules (Longish)

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 10:49:05 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules (Longish)

On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Thomas Barclay wrote:

> Why would this not be the case with other vehicles? If I
> detect rounds hitting my Grizzly APC, I'd sure as heck move. But SG2
> rules say that if a vehicle does not unsuppress it DOES NOT MOVE and
> DOES NOT ACT. This represents hunkering down.

Actually, check pg 18 of the SG2 rulebook: "Suppression of vehicles and
buildings does NOT inhibit them from moving, firing and most other
actions, but it does prevent their crew or occupants from doing anything
that involves leaving the protection of the vehicle or structure..."

> If I was on a grav bike
> getting fired at, I may move, or I may do an emergency grounding and
> get behind my bike....

Given the above rules for regular vehicles, how do we then treat mounted
troops? How about the following: After the _first_ suppression chit,
mounted units may move but not fire - they're more interested in finding
cover. If a second or third suppression chit is added, units may neither
move nor fire until suppression is cleared, as per normal infantry - at
this point, the mounted troopers bail off their bikes and hunker down.

> Perhaps (in general) an alternate vehicle suppression rule could be
> used. There is an implication in the existing rules that suppression
> will never affect vehicle fire...

This is actually exactly what the book says...

> but the truth is that the vehicle
> may well have its outgoing fire affected. Also, the vehicle crew may
> involuntarily (as far as the unit commander is concerned) withdraw.
> or they may hunker down and seek cover. This range of response is not
> really covered under current vehicle suppression rules.

It seems a bit harsh for regular vehicles, but you could apply the
'first
suppression equals movement only' idea for them as well, or 'first
suppression allows only movement or rally/de-suppression actions'.

My $0.02,

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)
-- http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/ --DS2/SG2/games
webpage--

Prev: Re: Does anyone know who this is? Next: Re: Assault Breaker system [SG2] [DS2]