Prev: Re: [ds] Modern Tanks. Next: Re: [ds] Ogres

Re: [ds] Ogres

From: Kenneth Winland <kwinland@c...>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 23:23:55 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [ds] Ogres

	Howdy!

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Andrew & Alex wrote:

>     Well, 50% increase in volume from doesn't seem bigger, but it is.
Also,
> when you have a M113 and use the hull design to make a M901 ITV, VSC:2
is
> exactly right. VSC:2 for the M113 mortar carrier is exactly right. So
based
> on my designs and the realworld vehicle modifications, VSC:2 is about
right
> for the M113.

		The M2 does not have a 50% increase in volume over the
M113.  The hull structure *is* quite different, and while the M2 is
larger, it isn't larger by leaps and bounds.  An M113 is probably on the
low end of Size 3.  Seeing them side-by-side and playing in and around
them, you get a better appreciation of the differences.

	Although, in Vietnam troopers of the 8th Armoured Transport used
to strip M113s and put them on the back of 5-ton trucks to create
armoured
monstrosities... :)

>     Feel free to downgrade the armour to frighten the infantry inside!
:-)
> I am a great believer in low casualty scores for my armies, high for
my
> opponent.

	Too bad the US government doesn't always think that way...
There
are a lot of horror stories circulating from M2 crew about will and will
not penetrate an M2... <shudder> :)

	Ken

Prev: Re: [ds] Modern Tanks. Next: Re: [ds] Ogres