Prev: Re: [ds] Ogres Next: Re: [ds] modern tanks was Re: [ds] Ogres

Re: [ds] Ogres

From: Kenneth Winland <kwinland@c...>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 23:37:04 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [ds] Ogres

	Greetings!

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Brian Burger wrote:

> I assume this is for moderns-only DS2, and not M1a1 vs future tech
stuff.
> If it's for moderns vs futuretech, then I think you're being way, way
> generous to modern western armour.

	I agree.

	There is no reason why you can't build
historical/modern/futuristic vehicles with the same rules and design
philosophy.  Physics and metallurgy do not fluctuate THAT much... :)

	Something along the lines of;
	WWII MBT;	Size 2-3, armour 2-3, weapon rating 2-3, basic
firecon
	Modern MBT	Size 4, armour 4, weapon rating 4-5, enhanced
firecon
	Future MBT	Size 4-5, armour 4-5, weapon rating 4-5,
firecon, with lots of goodies.

	<Yes, this is a grossly simplified off-the-cuff illustration,
but
you get the point>

> If it's for moderns-only, I still think you might be being too
generous -
> it is possible to kill an M1, and they don't automatically kill
anything
> that comes into range. They're very very very tough, and very lethal,
but
> I do think you're being too generous.

	I really like the appeal of a system where you can use the same
system and design philosophy to construct historical/modern/futuristic
vehicles "realisitcally", and have them relevant to each other.

	A few friends were playing a regimental-sized campaign a while
back.  One player had high tech invading aliens with grav, railguns,
etc.
The other player was using Canadian and British TO&Es from the 1960s.
It
was rather keen.

	Laterish!

	Ken

Prev: Re: [ds] Ogres Next: Re: [ds] modern tanks was Re: [ds] Ogres