Prev: FT: Ship Endurance Next: Re: [ds] Ogres

Re: [ds] Modern Tanks.

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 17:21:10 +1300
Subject: Re: [ds] Modern Tanks.

John M. Atkinson <john.m.atkinson@erols.com> wrote:
>Andrew wrote:
>>     I'm uncertain. The very few M1s that were hit by Iraqi T72's were
>> apparently undamaged. I don't know how true this is, ...
>Sorry, but BULLSHIT.  Nothing personal.  This is nonsense.  M-1A1(HA)s
>were destroyed utterly by T-62s, T-72s, BMPs, and even an RPG-7.  One
of
>the first US Army official histories published in mass market form is
my
>source. Rather more reliable than a thriller writer.
    Tom Clancy quotes directly from the people who were there in the
Gulf
War and in the battle of 73 Easting in his book "Armoured Cavalry". But
I'm
always open to more correct information and different points of view.
Can
you supply the title, author and perhaps the ISBN of your source?
Thanks!

Andrew Martin
-------------
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
 http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/
Usagi Yoyimbo Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/UY/

Prev: FT: Ship Endurance Next: Re: [ds] Ogres