Prev: EMP (was Re: Space crews and solar flares. ) Next: Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST]

Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST]

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 11:16:57 -0500
Subject: Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST]

Randall spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> Hehehehehehe!! You poor Brits have no clue what you have done! The
Second
> Seccessionist War was actually a very clever American ploy to absorb
Britian
> and Canada! ; )

Actually, it was a Canadian ploy to absorb both as the "Power Behind
The Throne".

> Ya'll intervined and 'forced' the U.S. to join the Confederation (
> Confederation!! D'OH!) under the monarch of the U.K.... no problem!
We get the
> King every few months (tourist dollars), plus we get to fill
Parliament with
> American MPs. Ever notice how the last several PMs have been Neo-Torys
 with
> Southern accents??? ; ) LOL!!

Did you notice that the King's Advisors have "quaint" Canadian
accents? And how many senior civil servants (the real power in gov't)
come from Canada? Think Yes, Minister only with Hacker as a Yank and
Humphrey and his pals as Canadians. Yes, Laughing indeed. Only
quietly, in very dark little corners....

 Next time you hear a fellow Confederate (!)
> singing "God Save the King", you might want to listen closer... he
might be
> singing "America the Beautiful!" LOL!! A win/win prospect for us : )

I think you'd find that it is actually Oh, Canada! or the theme from
Great White North.  And you'll certainly find the new NAC flag
features a maple leaf on it...

(I was thinking it might be a union jack (with all the crosses, since
it looks like the Irish Republic has been absorbed), but with the top
left quadrant replaced by a dark blue field with 5x (depending on
whether US offworld holdings had state status at the time of being
absorbed) small white stars and one rather larger (since there i only
one) white-outlined red maple leaf centered in that panel.

Tom.
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: EMP (was Re: Space crews and solar flares. ) Next: Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST]