Prev: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2. Next: Re: SGII tanks and such..

Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2.

From: "Alex Shvarts, Andrew & Brian Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 15:34:18 +1200
Subject: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2.

Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@swob.dna.fi> wrote:
>However, I'm a realist. Ofcourse DSII can't cover everything. It claims
it
>can, though, and I bought on the premise that it might be able to cover
>the kinds of games I might want to play. Turns out it can't (without
major
>work). No biggie, it's a good read and has a number of good ideas --
which
>is a lot better than most of the dust-collectors on my game shelf.
    What are the kinds of games that you want to play? How about letting
us
know so we can all work on it (except for "Bring 'n' Battle" and
accurately
costed, wargames point systems)?

>It just pisses me off that it's apparently somehow MY FAULT that I
don't
>like the genre DSII covers or that I don't feel like adapting DSII to
>Monopoly.
    We could use Monopoly to simulate a very large city encounter
battle.
You play a merchant and a general. Leading to: "Assault on Mayfair",
"Jail
Break", and similar amusing urban/army encounters! :-)!

Andrew Martin
Look for my Monopoly-DSII conversion! Coming real soon now! :-) NOT!
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/

Prev: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2. Next: Re: SGII tanks and such..